Important hints to handle confidential data
Please observe the following rules for handling confidential data (e.g. passwords) so that they do not get to unauthorised third parties:
- Please do not write sensitive data (e.g. passwords) in e-mails, but inform mdex customer support by telephone if necessary.
- Do not attach any files to e-mails containing sensitive data in plain text. (e.g. passwords in configuration files, network diagrams, etc.).
- Send requested files with confidential data (e.g. configuration files, network plans, etc.) as password-protected zip files in agreement with mdex customer support.
- Download the free sofware 7-Zip from https://7-zip.org/ and install it on your PC.
- Click on the desired file with the right mouse button, then select 7-Zip > Add to an archive....
- Enter a password agreed with mdex customer service under "Encryption" and click on OK.
- The file will now be saved as a password-protected zip file on your PC.
- Send this zip file as an e-mail file attachment.
- As an alternative to password-protected files, you can also request a SharePoint login from us for secure file exchange.